UPSAHL - SINGLE REVIEW

UPSAHL - Antsy (RCA) 

Release Date: Out Now

This is probbly about as close as the wonderful UPSAHL comes to a ballad these days but, nevertheless, 'Antsy' is still a fierce and direct protest song. "I went to the doctor to ask for some pills, he asked me to try just simply breathing, my stomach's in knots and I'm physically ill but I'm sure it's not what I've been taking"; it's a powerful opening lyric and one that a lot of people will identify with. The sparse guitar melody soon gives way to a throbbing synth bass line and then something akin to a digital slowdance kicks in as UPSAHL goes about explaining that the world is making her sick with worry and there just isn't a pill for that. Preach, sister, preach. 

More information: https://www.facebook.com/upsahlmusic

Live Dates: 

18th November -   Manchester  - The Deaf Institute                                

19th November – Glasgow  - King Tut's

20th November – Leeds - The Wardrobe

21st November – Bristol - Thekla                                

23rd November - Birmingham– O2 Institute 3

24th November – London - Heaven

Comments