BILLY NOMATES - SINGLE REVIEW

Billy Nomates - Balance Is Gone (Invada 
Records)

Release Date: Out Now

I've been keen to 'get to know' the music of Billy Nomates for a while now so I was delighted to get her new single 'Balance Is Gone' via my inbox this week. Urgent vocals and a punky bass line leaves this one pitched somewhere between Christine and the Queens, Self Esteem and Frank Turner which is an odd place but I like the vibe. There's an itchy, almost distracted energy that reminds me of David Bowie but the way this song maintains melody, course and pace is like watching someone stumble down a flight of stairs but style it out with grace and more than a little flair only for them to flip you the bird at the end. I'm intrigued and the hype seems entirely justified so I'm looking forward to more tunes in the run up to the album due out in January. 

More information: https://www.facebook.com/billynomatestor

Watch the Video: 



Comments