ATTENDANT - SINGLE REVIEW

Attendant - Half Life 

Release Date: 24th September 2021

I don't know quite what I expected from London duo Attendant but new single 'Half Life' fair blew me away. The rattling guitars take me back to the days of early Feeder, My Vitriol and Kerbdog but as the song unfolds there are other brilliant influences and notest that emerge. The melodies are pure Jocasta or Catherine Wheel but with the heaviness of Reuben or Hundred Reasons. The growl of the bass underpins the soaring vocals and the drums are to die for. For a song that came to me without any preconceptions it has, somehow, plonked itself right in the middle of my affections and has me thinking about it in 'Single of the Year Shortlist' terms. 

More information: https://twitter.com/Attendantband 

Comments