TOM ROSENTHAL - SINGLE REVIEW

Tom Rosenthal - I Went To Bed And I Loved
You (Tinpot Records/Universal Music)

Release Date: Out Now

If I told you to have the tissues at the ready for the video to a song called 'I Went To Bed And I Loved You', you'd be forgiven for expecting wall-to-wall twerking and so fruity lyrics. But no, Tom Rosenthal is not one for twerking (as far as I know). Instead he has created this beautifully celebratory song about those we have loved and lost set to a bouncy, strummed melody and centred around the lyric "I went to bed and I loved you, in the morning I loved you too". This is unconditional love and the video featuring friends and fans sharing the joy they have at having loved those in the photos they hold up is honestly such a moving but uplifting piece of film. Yes I'm crying and yes I'm smiling because of the love in this song but also because it shows such a different and hidden side of grief. Bravo to all involved - I really hope they get music videos in the afterlife so those that have moved on can see how well and fondly they are remembered and celebrated. 

More information: https://www.facebook.com/tomrosenthalmusic

Watch the Video:




Comments