BERRY GALAZKA – SINGLE REVIEW

Berry Galazka – Marisa (Sweat Entertainment) 

Release Date: Out Now

This is the second release from Berry Galazka and I’m annoyed that I missed the debut but ‘Marisa’ is plenty good – so good that I’m thinking this has single of the year potential. Alt-pop meets rap with a child-like melody meeting with a vocal style and performance that is a perfectly poised mix of Kelis, Janelle Monae, Lily Allen and Kate Nash singing lines like “blunt like a butter knife I don’t take no shit, I was eight years old when I choked that bitch”. Galazka might be Polish-American but there are Caribbean flavours in here as well and the whole experience is honestly so fresh that it makes me want to skip. That’s right, skip. I haven’t skipped in like 20 years. Powerful stuff.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/itsberrygalazka

Watch the Video: 




Comments