SABRIEL – SINGLE REVIEW

Sabriel – Love Again (Handwritten Records) 

Release Date: Out Now

It took a couple of listens for me to get my head around this one but the one thing that struck me immediately was Sabriel’s voice. The Las Vegas based artist has a voice that is full of soul, personality, range and a deftness of touch that is showcased perfectly by her new single, ‘Love Again’. The musicianship is subtle and understated like dream-pop meets trip-hop but that just give’s Sabriel more space to roam with a voice so unique I am struggling for comparisons – only the hugely underrated Terence Trent D’Arby and Jones spring to mind. Sabriel’s remit is to explore vulnerability through music and if this is anything to go by then she has achieved beauty by acknowledging and owning her own vulnerability which is, well, I think that is the very essence of art.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/sabrielmusic

Comments