RUE – SINGLE REVIEW


Rue – Lucid 

Release Date: 26th June 2020

I’ve been aware of Cornish singer-songwriter Rue blipping away on my radar for a while and then I was lucky enough to be sent this forthcoming single so I get to share this talented lady’s music with you – that counts as a good day in my book. ‘Lucid’ is the kind of song you want to listen to on a wet and grey afternoon when you’re cosy at home as the jazzy tones and changing tempo warms the cockles. There is an undeniable groove to this with a hint of Joss Stone singing with Jamiroquai but there is also a delightfully relaxed vibe that you need to let yourself get swept up in. Rue’s vocal is incredibly flexible and versatile which is impressive enough but it’s the natural soul and deft tones that make her such an engaging talent. It seems my radar was on point.


Comments