THE BOY FROM THE SOUTH – SINGLE REVIEW


The Boy From the South – Home Sweet Home
(Vegan Sausage Roll Records)

Release Date: Out Now

The accompanying email to this submission declares The Boy From the South to be a Spaniard-Londoner who loves roadtripping across Cornwall and Devon in search of the perfect Cornish Pasty. I’m already sold but then I hear ‘Home Sweet Home’ and I’m doubling down on the love. The track opens with the automated announcement from some train platform which makes me nostalgic for public transport before the sliding and rippling acoustic guitar notes join in with the undulating energy of fields rolling past on the horizon. Vocally, this is an incredibly easy listen and the addition of a simple but effective pulsating beat gives this a sort of Air meets Lemon Jelly vibe that I am entirely in to. Next time you’re on the look out for a pasty then head down to Downderry and give us a visit.

Comments