BICURIOUS – SINGLE REVIEW

Bicurious – I Don’t Do Drugs, I Just Sweat A
Bicurious - I Don't Do Drugs, I Just Sweat A Lot
Lot

Release Date: 6th March 2019

Now then, listen up people. I tweeted a few weeks ago saying that I’d just discovered my new favourite band and I wasn’t lying. Dublin duo Bicurious are a year in from their debut EP so they’re releasing new single ‘I Don’t Do Drugs, I Just Sweat a Lot’ and it is glorious. On a day when the music world has lamented the passing of Keith Flint for his role in bringing together the disparate worlds of rave, jungle, rock, punk and EDM, Bicurious are a band that surely owe a lot to that pioneering spirit. Fair enough, you might not get that from their underwhelming press shot but this is instrumental rock hellbent on making you move so it’s definitely not a book to be judged by it’s cover. From the pinging guitar line that belongs in a Prodigy track to the piledriver drums that Royal Blood would jump in to bed with, this gets off to an attention-grabbing start. Layering up the guitars, the duo build an unholy sound not unlike Rueben in their prime but with that dance edge and some spoken word throwing in timely statements like “It makes me wanna move in a way that I have never moved before” and “3,2,1 oh shit” which all make much more sense in the context of the track. I can see Bicurious appealing to so many different tribes which makes their potential limitless and their name just perfect. Like I said, new favourite band and no messing.


Live Dates:

8th March – The Workman’s Club, Dublin
9th March – Roisin Dubh, Galway
14th March – The Menagerie, Belfast
16th March – Benningan’s Yard, Derry

Watch the Video: 


Comments