MATE – SINGLE REVIEW

Mate – Myself 
Mate - Myself

Release Date: Out Now

So, Mate is the solo project of one Eddie Brett who is, I’m told by his PR, one third of Britain’s Got Talent finalists Loveable Rogues. I have no idea who Loveable Rogues are so I don’t know if this is a massive departure but I can’t imagine Simon Cowell getting a money-based chub on for this so that’s a strong start in my book. ‘Myself’ is the new release from Mate and it starts with a chilled melody and beat followed by Brett’s Mike Skinner-esque rapping full of regret and remorse for what happened the night before. “I got a bit loose with the contactless”, “I’ve completely lost sight of what makes me feel nice” and “how can anyone love me when I can’t love myself?”, “I just wanna get a dog and put my feet up by the fire” are just a few selected lyrics as Mate explores the idea of sliding in to middle age and what that means for a man more attuned to living it large, night after night. There’s a nice video to go alongside this one featuring Ewen MacIntosh playing the role of the disillusioned man wrestling with his inner demons and feeding the ducks.


Watch the Video: 


Comments