LIGHT EMITTING DINOSAURS – SINGLE REVIEW


Light Emitting Dinosaurs – Ambition 
Light Emitting Dinosaurs - Ambition

Release Date: Out Now

‘Kate Bush singing over Radiohead’ and Jazz Rock are the two descriptions that come with this debut release from London outfit Light Emitting Dinosaurs (great name) but I persevered and gave it a listen anyway. And I’m glad I did because ‘Ambition’ is an unexpected treat of a song that shifts shape, size and sound like a mirage shimmering on the horizon. The expressively unique vocals of Nikki Lewkovicz mixed with the meandering musicianship puts me in mind of early Moloko with certain sections bringing the likes of Zappa and System of a Down to the table but I can’t remember the last time Radiohead were this much fun. If you’re looking for a band to set up in the corner of your bedroom and soundtrack a sweaty, disturbed and feverish night’s sleep full of images of your own death and a dystopian future then Light Emitting Dinosaurs are the band for you. I hear they charge very reasonable rates.


Comments