TOMBERLIN – SINGLE REVIEW

Tomberlin – I’m Not Scared (Saddle Creek) 
Tomberlin - I'm Not Scared

Release Date: Out Now

Kentucky’s Tomberlin is fast becoming one of my favourite discoveries of 2018 and that is in no small part due to her unerring calmness for one so young living in a world that can make the meekest among us feel the rage. New single ‘I’m Not Scared’ is a beautifully understated piano led piece that finds Tomberlin in the eye of a storm with her world swirling around her but that calmness anchors her superbly in a place of peace and understanding. There are obvious Tori Amos comparisons to be made but also the sage wisdom of the Indigo Girls or Ani Di Franco oozing throughout this tune. A song for those that don’t want to fight anymore, “Love has never made anybody I know happy” she sings and you want to reassure her but this is something we all have to go through I guess. Heart-stoppingly beautiful.


Live Dates:

14th August – Union Pool, New York

Watch the Video: 


Comments