Y.O.U.N.G. – SINGLE REVIEW

Y.O.U.N.G. - Exposure 
Y.O.U.N.G. - Exposure


Release Date: Out Now

There is one reason I write this blog and one reason alone; the pursuit of exciting new music. During that pursuit, I come across a lot of good bands, some awful musicians and the occasional moment of gloriousness – Manchester collective Y.O.U.N.G. fall firmly in to that last category. This is my first time of hearing the group and this single, ‘Exposure’, got my attention within seconds using a riff that sounds like the young Arctic Monkeys having a go at a Rage Against the Machine cover and then the rest of the band kick in and things just kick off. The bass snakes in, the drums go directly for your rib-cage and the fierce spitting starts like Zach de la Rocha is back in the house with all that youthful exuberance. Then, just when you think you know where this is going, they throw in a chorus that sounds like Years & Years mixing with the Streets. This is agitated, melodic, danceable and entirely addictive so I am, of course, hooked. I expect the live show is insane and I’m going to pin my colours to the mast to say that 2018 could and should be a big year for Y.O.U.N.G. if there’s any justice. They’re a bitch to Google though.


Watch the video: 


Comments