AREA RESIDENT – SINGLE REVIEW

Area Resident – Riverside 
Area Resident - Riverside


Release Date: Out Now

Now I get a lot of music sent to me from a lot of different weird and wonderful corners of the world and that is something that I get a kick out of. This, however, is the first time I’ve received any recorded material from an Ottowan traffic reporter who has won awards for journalism and I have to admit, it’s thrown me slightly. Anyway, Area Resident is the assumed name of this lone reporter and his new single, ‘Riverside’ is certainly a fresh sounding tune. Take the scuzzy guitars of Weezer or the Dandy Warhols in their early days but the laid-back vibe of Midlake or the Lemonheads and you’re getting close to the sound Area Resident creates. The accompanying video is virtually a tourist board promotion piece for Ottowa but with our hero pretty much the only person left so it has a slightly strange post-apocalyptic feel (every indie guy’s dream of being left alone in a beautiful landscape with a studio and a bunch of records). This is perfect music for a sunny Sunday afternoon as the Summer starts to depart and I feel like I could easily have a beer with Area Resident – or at the very least trust his traffic reports implicitly.


Watch The Video: 


Comments