DAMN VANDALS - SINGLE REVIEW

Damn Vandals - Twist Up And Tangle (Sexy Beast) 
Damn Vandals - Twist Up And Tangle

Release Date: 17th March 2014

I like this. I don't know why and I'm not sure I should but I do. London scuzz rockers Damn Vandals are back with an absolute beast of a single in 'Twist Up And Tangle' and you'd better be ready for it. Like the snotty little brother of the Jim Jones Revue, Damn Vandals are full of piss and vinegar which gets spat out at you through distorted guitars, primal drums and snarled vocals over two and a half minutes. B-side 'I Bring You Love' has the swagger and leather of the Yo-Yos or Hoggboy as well as the quiff and side burns of Johnny Cash which is one hell of a combination. By comparison, this second track is a prog anthem at around 5 minutes but the dirty swamp blues that drives this rock'n'roll monster is no noodling exploration of space. This is primal stuff. You've been warned.

More information:  https://www.facebook.com/damnvandals?fref=ts / http://damnvandals.co.uk/

Live Dates:

6th March - The Troubadour, London

10th April - The Dublin Castle, London

Comments