MY SON THE BUM - SINGLE REVIEW

My Son The Bum - Everyday is Halloween (In My World) 
My Son The Bum - Everyday is Halloween (In My World)

Much as the festival of Halloween is an American important that has outstayed it's welcome and become nothing more than an opportunity for teenage girls to dress up as a slutty witch/nurse/cat/superhero/slut, My Son The Bum are drifting over to British airwaves with a novelty song that really shouldn't hang around for too long if there's any justice. New Yorkers, My Son The Bum, have a new single out just in time for 31st October entitled 'Everyday is Halloween (In My World)' and whether you like it or not is up to you. Me? Not so much. It's not that I can't stand the song, there are some great crunchy guitars and fuzzy riffs but as far as I can tell it's nothing more than a bad, grunge rip off that does nothing to excite or disturb as you might expect a Halloween themed song to do. Opportunity missed in my book - 'the Monster Mash' it is not.


Comments