Essence Martins - A Confession (I'm Broke)
Release Date: Out Now
There's a new EP coming out at the end of this month from the excellent Essence Martins but, for now, we must sate ourselves with this latest single release. 'A Confession (I'm Broke)' has a jerky, almost uneven rhythm to it but when matched with Martins' smooth and soothing voice, you get a beautiful combination. Hints of Kimbra purr through in the vulnerable lyrics delivered with a calm steeliness that shows the strength bubbling underneath. I'm excited about the EP and I think you oughta be too.
More information: https://www.instagram.com/essencemartins/
Live Dates:
13 Oct — Manchester, UK — Deaf Institute, Music Hall
14 Oct — Glasgow, UK — King Tut’s
16 Oct — Leeds, UK — The Wardrobe
17 Oct — Birmingham, UK — O2 Institute 3
19 Oct — Bristol, UK — Thekla
20 Oct — Brighton, UK — Patterns
21 Oct — London, UK — KOKO
27 Oct — Paris, France
Watch the Video:
