THE F-16S - SINGLE REVIEW

The F-16s - I'm On Holiday (House Arrest)

Release Date: Out Now

I have to admit that I don't get a lot of releases from India sent my way so I wasn't sure what to expect from the F-16s who are being touted as 'kaleidoscopic surf pop from India's east coast'. Nevertheless, 'I'm On Holiday' is an absolute delight from it's light and woozy guitars, airy bounce and sprinkled synth melodies creating a summery vibe. The vocals are understated and dreamy but the chorus has a real uplift in energy that matches the swing towards the sinister or just plain weird in the accompanying video. The easy-listening coda also makes for a slightly uneasy ending but that just gives the whole experience a bit of edge and that's all we want after all, isn't it? 

More information: https://www.facebook.com/thef16s

Watch the Video: 



Comments