HIPPO CAMPUS - SINGLE REVIEW

Hippo Campus - Bad Dream Baby (Grand Jury) 

Release Date: Out Now

Coming outta Minnesota like a rocket are indie five-piece Hippo Campus with their first release in around three years. Fortunately, new single 'Bad Dream Baby' suggests that wasn't a wasted few years as chiming guitars and an infectious beat warm us for the opening lyrics of "I'm gonna get you a big balloon, a box of chocolates and some cheap perfume. Happy Valentine's Day to you, I hope it's better than mine cos my dog's about to die". That's all in the first 30 seconds and it's really more than enough for me but there's more to come! Slotting in alongside the Lemonheads, the Dandy Warhols, the Crash Test Dummies and Weezer, Hippo Campus are the answer to Vampire Weekend's habit of taking themselves too seriously and I genuinely hope we don't have to wait another three years. Please. 


Watch the Video: 



Comments