LAURAN HIBBERD – SINGLE REVIEW

Lauran Hibberd – Sweat Patch 
Lauran Hibberd - Sweat Patch

Release Date: Out Now

If Lauran Hibberd doesn’t have an epic 2020 then I’ll eat my hat. Well, not my hat, I need it, but I will eat a hat. If you’ve not yet discovered the Isle of Wight’s hottest export, then ‘Sweat Patch’ is a great ‘in’ to Hibberd’s unique slacker-pop style with a side of sass. There’s a very British pop sensibility behind the melodies that puts me in mind of Graham Cox’s solo work but then it’s wrapped up in the kind American package that Weezer or Charly Bliss would come in if you ordered them on Amazon. The fuzzy guitars, dead-eyed vocal delivery and laconic drums all make for a perfect track and it’s only a matter of time before Hibberd’s brand cuts through the noise to make a difference.


Live Dates:

11th December – The Social, London
15th February – The Joiners, Southampton
16th February – Louisiana, Bristol
18th February – The Bodega, Nottingham
19th February – The Deaf Institute, Manchester
20th February – The Camden Assembly, London
3rd May – O2 Academy, Newcastle
23rd May – Victoria Park, Warrington

Watch the Video: 


Comments