STRATZ – SINGLE REVIEW


Stratz – Likkle More 
Stratz - Likkle More

Release Date: Out Now

I used to know a woman who would say ‘likkle’ instead of little, ‘bokkle’ instead of bottle and so on. It bugged the hell out of me but largely because it was completely out of context with the way she spoke otherwise. So, I’ve got to admit that seeing the title of the new track from London Hip-Hop artist ‘Stratz’ induced a similar response to the recent footage of Theresa May dancing. That said, I’m not one for judging books by their covers (or titles for that matter) so I tuned in and I’m glad I dead. ‘Likkle More’ has a simple chord structure that reminds me of Clean Bandit in the first instance but then Stratz comes in with his generous flow and the beat kicks in to give this a nudge along the way. With the spirit of Bob Marley nodding approval from the back of the room, Stratz weaves his tale of sharing and helping this in greater need atop those sparse chords and punchy beats. This track is sold a summer anthem and while the flow is easy there is a sense of popping your collar against the fresh autumn winds about this one which adds a different flavour to the mix. Flying in the face of US rappers who seem to only want to accumulate wealth and fame, Stratz has a refreshing approach and one that might just spark some kind of movement or at least make you give the next busker you see 50p.


Comments