APEMAN SPACEMEN – SINGLE REVIEW

Apeman Spaceman – Spacecatraz 
Apeman Spaceman - Spacecatraz


Release Date: 10th June 2016

Now, I like the name these guys have chosen from themselves (supposedly Brian Cox inspired) but as the band is formed from musicians who have previously been members of Dogs and Razorlight I would have gone for RazorDogs myself. No matter, their debut single is the wonderfully titled ‘Spacecatraz’ and I’m not going to argue with that. The low slung bass and guitar riffery creates a chugging tsunami of noise that doesn’t let up for the near three minutes of this track. Essentially, this sounds like My Bloody Valentine producing Cake and Presidents of the United States of America but with David Bowie on vocals and a whole lot of weed doing the rounds during the recording sessions, none of which is a bad thing.



Live Dates:


10th June – Seabright Arms, Hackney

Comments