DAMN VANDALS - SINGLE REVIEW

Damn Vandals - Cities Of A Plastic World / Too Lazy To Die Too Stoned To Live (Sexy Beast) 
Damn Vandals - Cities Of A Plastic World /
Too Lazy To Die Too Stoned To Live

Release Date: 22nd September 2014

I do love rock'n'roll so. Londoners Damn Vandals have got a swagger and bluster that you rarely see in a band with melodies to match so it's exciting to have this double-A side crop up in my inbox. 'Cities Of A Plastic World' is an unforgiving piece of sinister, shadow-lurking rock that is part Grinderman, part Cooper Temple Clause and part Boss Hogg all wrapped up in a Clash shaped bundle. The other half of this single, 'Too Lazy To Die Too Stoned To Live', was possibly my motto during my uni years but in real terms is now a sweat and vomit stained leather jacket that reeks of strong liquor and desperation. I have no idea what Damn Vandals look like but from the way they sound I'm assuming that Brylcreem, tattoos and the colour black are involved (I just checked, I was wrong).

More information: http://www.damnvandals.co.uk/

Listen Here: https://soundcloud.com/damn-vandals/sets/too-lazy-too-die-too-stoned-to

Live Dates:


20th September - Single Launch @ The Sebright Arms, London  

Comments