THE HEMPOLICS – SINGLE REVIEW

The Hempolics feat. Harry Collier – Place Is
Here

Release Date: Out Now

I’m developing a bit of a thing for London collective the Hempolics and with new single ‘Place is Here’ they’ve gone a step further in worming their way in to my affections. This is a chilled-out track that takes me back to the 90s days of Morcheeba, Finlay Quaye and, weirdly, Space as the lyric goes “the place is here, the time is now”. The twist here is that they’ve brought in the vocal assistance of one Harry Collier who you may remember from his work with Faithless or Kubb (although I primarily remember him as one of my early musical heroes in Westcountry legends Rootjoose). If you’re looking for a tune to get your day going with an easy smoke and a sense of optimism then this is the one for you my friend. There’s a great little video too which really works with the tune.


Watch the Video: 



Comments