ROSE COUSINS – SINGLE REVIEW


Rose Cousins – I Would Die 4 U 
Rose Cousins - I Would Die 4 U

Release Date: Out Now

Regular readers will know that I don’t hold with the whole ‘let’s slow everything down and play it on the piano’ thing but, every now and again, one slips through that reminds me why I love the tinkling of the ivories so much. Rose Cousins has added a touch of Nova Scotian ice to the Prince classic ‘I Would Die 4 U’ and it is, well, beautiful doesn’t even cover it. The soft, mournful piano chords are soothed by Cousins’ voice which is full of the kind of emotion Prince would himself would have wept over. I got married earlier this year and I am honestly considered divorce just so that we can do it again and have this as either the first dance or the walk down the aisle music. This one can pass, this one is stunning. Well played Rose Cousins.


Live Dates:

2nd October – St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow
9th October – The Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh
11th October – St Pancras Old Church, London
13th October – The Stables, Milton Keynes
16th October – The Cluny, Newcastle Upon Tyne
17th October – St Mary’s Creative Space, Chester
18th October – The Crofters Rights, Bristol
20th October – The Railway Inn, Winchester
8th November – NSMW @ First United Church, Truro

Comments