BLUE RIVER – SINGLE REVIEW


Blue River – Sugar White Sand 
Blue River - Sugar White Sand

Release Date: 27th September 2019

Cornwall is currently awash with cracking indie bands, tearing up the scene and making the rest of the country look, well, foolish. Blue River are the latest lads to toss a tune out over the Tamar in the shape of new single ‘Sugar White Sand’, the sound of carefree summer’s spent by the sea with your mates and a crate of lager. This track is possibly a first for featuring the lyrics “Oggy! Oggy! Oggy! Oi! Oi! Oi!” which will have crowds singing along as will the repeated refrain of “I don’t wanna be like you, I don’t wann be like you, I don’t like you, I don’t like you”. This is a song with melodies ready for the biggest stages but also the energy and aggression to make small to medium indie venues all over the country explode. There’s a revolution happening in Cornwall and I’d urge the industry to get involved but a) I don’t think the industry is a big deal anymore and b) I don’t these guys really care.


Live Dates:

5th October – This Feeling @ the Fish Factory, Penryn w/the Velvet Hands + Stanley Duke & the Kindred Spirits (SOLD OUT)

11th October – Whiskers, Newquay

Comments