I SEE RIVERS – SINGLE REVIEW


I See Rivers – Helios
I See Rivers - Helios

Release Date: 31st May 2019

You might not naturally expect a Norwegian folk-pop trio to instantly write songs about Greek gods of the Sun but on ‘Helios’ I See Rivers have brought these two disparate cultures together and the result is sublime. With vocal harmonies that intertwine like those of Wildwood Kin and delicately arranged melodies woven from lace, ice and sunbeams, I See Rivers manage to stop the world around you. Then the chorus comes and swells your mood like Sigur Ros or Royksopp at their peak which is a sensation I’ve not had for a while. If this one doesn’t at least calm your mood and make the clouds part for three minutes then keep playing it until it does, trust me.


Live Dates:

26th May – The Big Retreat Wales, Lawrenny
14th June – Kulturhuset, Oslo
15th June – Bergenfest, Bergen
21st June – Unearthed in a Field, Solva
28th June – Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff

Comments