BIG & THE FAT – SINGLE REVIEW


Big & the Fat – My Thang  (We Can Do It
Big & the Fat - My Thang
Records)

Release Date: Out Now

I really don’t know what you’re going to make of this one but I am smitten. London outfit Big & the Fat (great name, strong work) are channelling so many great artists on new single ‘My Thang’ that it will either be impossible to enjoy or impossible to resist, depending on your stance. I mean, we’re talking about a musical gumbo containing elements of LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, Soulwax, the Fall, Beck, Slaves, the Chemical Brothers and Talking Heads which is a pretty unique tasting treat. The vocals shift shape like nobody’s business, the tempos and melodies have the attention span of Donald Trump at feeding time and the energy is just off the charts. We’ve all got a mate that’s like ‘My Thang’ – brilliant on a night out but you want them nowhere near you the morning after.


Live Dates:

8th March – The Social, London

Comments