KWASSA – SINGLE REVIEW


Kwassa – Moonwalking 
Kwassa - Moonwalking

Release Date: Out Now

Saarf London lad Kwassa has seized on a beautiful blend of indie, pop and afrobeat on new single ‘Moonwalking’ and it is intoxicating. The combination of club beats, chiming guitar notes and a pulsing bass line are more than enough to win me over but then Kwassa’s vocals and lyrics go and place that cherry jauntily atop a delicious looking cake. “You’ve got me moon walking with all your sweet talking” he sings and, my favourite line, “tell me if I’m being fooled, stop now, cos you’ve found a way and it’s freaking me out”. There’s also a wonderfully shot and stylised video that brings the likes of Fred and Ginger bang up to date in a warehouse apartment with a couple of pairs of Converse. Strong stuff.


Live Dates:

27th March – Night People, Manchester
28th March – Borderline, London

Comments