JAMES DAVIDSON – SINGLE REVIEW

James Davidson – Shape of My Soul 
James Davidson - Shape Of My Soul


Release Date: Out Now

The very beginning of this single from James Davidson sounds like it might veer off in a slightly esoteric and obscure angle. However, before long ‘Shape of My Soul’ settles in to a gentle, country tinged slice of singer-songwriter standard fare. Now, that’s not to say that this is a bad song, there are traces of Del Amitri and Deacon Blue in there that are more than a little pleasing. The slide guitar notes are smooth and comforting, like the first sip of whiskey after a long day and Davidson’s voice has a soft, inviting tone. No, the only problem I have with this tune is that it doesn’t give me that tingle moment when the chorus drops or the guitar kicks in. A solid start though, there’s no arguing with that.


Comments