ECKOES – SINGLE REVIEW

Eckoes – Human 
Eckoes - Human


Release Date: Out now

It’s a small world, isn’t it? I don’t know Eckoes personally but she’s from Stoke Newington where I spent 18 months of my adult life so I can just imagine her popping to the same branch of Morrisons I used to go to or popping in to City Kebabs (the best, seriously the best) on a Friday night. Then again, the new single from the British born Nigerian, ‘Human’ is almost completely otherworldly. The spoken word opening speaks philosophically before Eckoes sings her twisted soul over Rudimental meets Clean Bandit beats and her velvety smooth voice is used as an instrument to great effect. This has elements of Major Lazor about it and FKA Twigs is in evidence to but Eckoes is a truly original talent and the lines that speak out towards the end speak pertinently to the problems of society today: “I am a human being, nothing human can be alien to me”.



Live Dates:

12th May – Gigslutz: Get In Her Ears Night @ The Finsbury, London

20th May – Vegfest, Bristol

Comments