SYWEL NYW – SINGLE REVIEW

Sywel Nyw feat. Mark Roberts – Crio Tu Mewn
(Lwcus-T)

Release Date: Out Now

I have a love hate relationship with Welsh language music because it is invariably beautiful, but I also feel like learning what they’re singing about is a task well beyond my effort levels. Nevertheless, it’s hard to ignore this stunning release from Sywel Nyw featuring Mark Roberts, once of the Catatonia parish. ‘Crio Tu Mewn’ has a lo-fi 90s indie vibe to it that fits somewhere between Baby Bird, early Pulp and the Super Furry Animals which is a place I feel more than comfortable in. A pleasing piano chug and punchy beat are joined by crooning vocals and a video featuring giant teddy bears so, yeah, what’s not to love? If I find out that they’re singing about how much they love the Tories, though, there will be trouble.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/SywelNyw

Watch the Video: 



Comments