CHERYM – SINGLE REVIEW

Cherym – Kisses on my Cards (Alcopop! 
Records)

Release Date: Out Now

Derry girls Cherym are kicking up a bit of a storm and I, for one, welcomed the suspicious questions from my wife when they sent me a promotional Valentine’s card to go along with this new single. ‘Kisses on my Cards’ is worth it, however, as the low-slung 90s grunge-pop guitars and mid-Atlantic vocals make this an outstandingly catchy track from the get-go. There are influences muddled in there but they are all tangled up with the trio’s own sense of style and identity which is so strong and shines so brightly that you kind of forget what you were looking for in the first place. Outstanding stuff but then they’ve just signed to Alcopop! Records so what did you expect?

More information: https://www.facebook.com/cherymofficial

Comments