RUE - SINGLE REVIEW

Rue - I Do Nothing 

Release Date: Out Now

I’ve been aware of Rue as a bright light on the Westcountry music scene for a while now but, to my eternal shame, this is the first time I’ve taken the time to sit down and properly spend some time with her music. For that, dear reader, I am truly sorry. ‘I Do Nothing’ is the new single from Cornish singer-songwriter and boy oh boy is it something special. Hanging off a soulful and funky acoustic melody, Rue’s voice effortlessly adds warmth and class to a track that will chime with fans of Amy Winehouse, Joanna Cooke, Jamiroquai, Morcheeba and Sia. As the song builds with a laid-back beat and bubbling bass line, that acoustic melody hypnotises the listener until you find your hips moving in time with the beat and your heart falling in love with the music. So if, like me, you’re new to Rue then don’t let her be a stranger, there’s a lot more here to enjoy.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/itsruetoyou

Live Dates: 

6th September - Yard Sessions @ Royal William Yard, Plymouth

Comments