BRUTUS ORD - SINGLE REVIEW

Brutus Ord - Gilet Ravane 

Release Date: Out Now

I have to admit a smidgen of confusion when presented with Brutus Ord and his new single 'Gilet Ravane' as both the artist name and track title tricked me in to thinking they were anagrams but I couldn't work out the riddle. So, I turned my attention to the music and the Totnes based artist did not disappoint. A woozy piano melody introduces the track which slowly unfolds like a flower in the morning sun with a real sense of promise before a deliciously loose beat joins in alongside a louche bass line. This is like waking up on a beach in California as the sun rises behind you and your brain tries to re-calibrate from whatever trip you took the night before. A gorgeous instrumental meander that will set you up perfectly for the day. 

Listen Here: