ASTRID SWAN - SINGLE REVIEW

Astrid Swan - Luxuries (Soliti/Playground) 

Release Date: Out Now

I've listened to this song a number of times and it hits hard every time. This is largely because 'Luxuries', the new single from Astrid Swan, is an ode to the normal things in life which suddenly become a luxury when faced with a metastatic cancer diagnosis - a situation I've been in for the past six years. Regardless of the personal connection, this song is hauntingly beautiful with an overflowing heart, a giving soul and open arms. Swan's breathy vocals are timeless, the piano melody is earthily brilliant and the song itself will touch anyone with an open heart. This is a song about not taking the little things in life for granted and the lyrics capture that perfectly, "I am waiting for my hair to grow, so I can cut it short and be in control". 

More information: https://twitter.com/astridswan

Watch the Video: 



Comments