IRON MAIDEN - SINGLE REVIEW

Iron Maiden - The Writing On The Wall 

Release Date: Out Now

I'm going to hold my hands up here and admit that I've never really got in to Iron Maiden. I entirely understand the appeal, ethos and lifestyle but I've just never caught them at the right time. Nevertheless, I wanted to give their new track a listen and I'm glad I did because 'The Writing On The Wall' is an absolute belter. However, I should say that the superb accompanying video does enhance the experience so I recommend watching this visual along with the audio. The Mexican inspired opening guitar notes foretell of oncoming doom before the track starts to romp and you can almost hear the engines revving in the distance as the four hogs-men of the apocalypse arrive on their battered Harelys. The six and half minute epic unfolds with its story of end-of-the-world heroic deeds in the face of greed, capitalism and a whole host of plagues upon the human race. The riff is infectious, the drums are heavy and the vocals sound like the grim reaper himself. Oh, and Eddie makes an appearance , of course. 

More information: https://www.facebook.com/ironmaiden

Watch the Video: 




Comments