SLOW DRESS – SINGLE REVIEW

Slow Dress – Back Into My Body 

Release Date: 13th November 2020

Music comes to me through a number of channels and from various sources, but I think this is the first tune that has come my because of a shared cancer diagnosis between me and a member of the band in question. Still, life altering shitty diseases aside, Boston duo Slow Dress are releasing new single ‘Back Into My Body’ and it is worth a few minutes of your time to say the least. The opening is all autumnal pianos and the soft, folky vocals of Katie Solomon before a scattered melody joins in, augmented by a beat that crunches softly like leaves underfoot. There is sadness and regret here but also a sense of quiet resolve that tomorrow is going to be a new and better day but for tonight you can wrap yourself up in this tune and fall asleep on the sofa in front of your favourite movie. Slow Dress have a real knack for using just the right amount of ingredients to create a subtle but satisfying flavour and that is worth savouring in my book.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/slowdressmusic

Comments