LUSH PUPPY – SINGLE REVIEW


Lush Puppy – One Eyed Snake (BERT
Lush Puppy
Music/TCBYML)

Release Date: Out Now

Dutch duo Lush Puppy are back with provocative new single ‘One Eyed Snake’ and it doesn’t pull any punches. Trying to pitch this is tricky but somewhere between the Ting Tings, Kelis and Nicki Minaj is a good place to start as the sassy vocals strut out backed by a banging beat and some atmospherics that all take second place to the lyrics. Gabriel Vezzola sings like the more excitable little sister of Angie as she talks of a rendezvous in a parking lot and delivers lines like “My momma never told not to play these games”, “Goldilocks’ kissing frogs while I’m fucking the bear” and my personal favourite “He says he’ll fix my Billy and he’ll feed the horse, all the secrets stay hidden behind Kallax doors”. That’s right, this is a song about sex in the car park of IKEA and that, my friends, is what you call original song writing.

Comments