CHRIS KEYS – SINGLE REVIEW

Chris Keys – Rest Your Head 
Chris Keys - Rest Your Head

Release Date: 29th September 2019

I have to admit, I didn’t have high expectations of this track (for no particular reason) but even if my expectations had been high then I would have had my mind blown by the talent of Northern Irishman Chris Keys. ‘Rest Your Head’ has the comforting, gentle acoustic strum of Jake Morley meets Reef at their more mellow while the drums subtly urge the song forwards. Vocally, Keys displays all the gravel of the likes of Gary Strings, Kelly Jones and Chris Cornell and that is where the real power comes from with this musician. As the song swells and settles in to its own groove it’s impossible not to get swept up in the mood and, frankly, I wouldn’t bother fighting against the tide – just go with the flow.


Live Dates:

12th September – Abbey Arts Centre, Ballyshannon
1st November – Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick

Watch the Video: 


Comments