COSMO SHELDRAKE – SINGLE REVIEW

Cosmo Sheldrake – Pliocene 
Cosmo Sheldrake - Pliocene

Release Date: Out Now

If I thought it was impossible to love the eccentric Cosmo Sheldrake more then I was wrong. Not only is he the creator of off-kilter songs imbued with charm and beauty, he’s just released ‘Pliocene’ with a video of an intimate gig he did in the basket of a hot air balloon. If I was to die tomorrow and had one wish for a final day out it would be to go up in a hot air balloon and I think I would probably take Mr Sheldrake with me. Anyway, my inadequate bucket list aside, ‘Pliocene’ is a typically wonky and woozy number that would stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Gilbert or Lemon Jelly but it’s Sheldrake’s simultaneously bored and soulful vocal that gives this such a unique energy. It’s an energy that works perfectly with the footage of our hero gliding effortlessly above the streets, houses, roads and ant-like people in his hot air balloon. Bliss.


Live Dates:

28th November – Komedia, Brighton
29th November – EartH, London
7th December – St Barnabas Church, Oxford
15th January – Orpheum, Graz
16th January – Rockhouse, Salzburg
12th February – Merleyn, Nijmegen
13th February – Paard, The Hague
14th February – Paradiso, Amsterdam
15th February – Trix, Antwerp

Watch the Video: 


Comments