CHIEF WHIP – SINGLE REVIEW


Chief Whip – Burn My Body
Chief Whip - Burn My Body

Release Date: Out Now

It’s no good, it won’t fit. I’ve been trying to force this new single from Exmouth outfit Chief Whip in to a pigeon hole but it’s not going in. You see, at first ‘Burn My Body’ sounds like a group of Trappist monks being conducted by Jay-Z in some bizarre new angle before an extra layer of vocals joins in and this goes down a different avenue. By the time the band joins in with a funk guitar line and pulsing drums slathered in keyboards, this track takes on a Red Hot Chili Peppers meets Faith No More vibe with Moriaty in the production booth. This is one of the most genuinely surprising and arresting tracks that I’ve been sent in months and I mean that in a good way. A very, very good way.



Comments