WHERE FIRES ARE – SINGLE REVIEW

Where Fires Are – Die Or Survive
Where Fires Are - Die Or Survive

Release Date: Out Now

Leeds combo Where Fires Are have wormed their way quickly in to my affections with their own unique take on the rock genre. New single ‘Die Or Survive’ starts off with a slow, almost lumbering rhythm but it’s in the pauses and breaths that the personality of this song shows itself. This is a swaggering, glinting behemoth of a song that isn’t afraid of a well-placed piano break in between the jack hammer drums and grinding guitars. This will fit nicely in my collection alongside the likes of Biffy Clyro, Boy Hits Car, Incubus, Hundred Reasons and Reuben and that is more than enough to turn my head. I can only expect that their live shows are just as incendiary so I they’ve definitely made my ‘ones to catch’ list.


Live Dates:

18th May – Cargo, London
2nd June – Mercantile, Dublin
17th June – Live in Barnsley, Barnsley
1st July – Testifest, Rochdale
21st July – Tramlines, Sheffield
22nd July – Blackthorn Festival, Romiley

Watch The Video: 

Comments