SHINERS – SINGLE REVIEW

Shiners – (I Feel So) Blunt
Shiners - (I Feel So) Blunt

Release Date: Out Now

London based in Indie-poppers Shiners are back and I think, with this single, they might just have cracked it. You see, ‘(I Feel So) Blunt’ does that classically British thing of moaning about the futility of modern life and relationships but set to a perky guitar riff and singalong chorus. Lyrics like “five days I’m working with two to recover, no wonder we have no time for each other” and “you stayed in with your mates, I went out with mine, are we kidding ourselves we’re having a good time” will chime with just about everyone in any kind of serious relationship in their 20s. Spirit wise, this is line with Hard-Fi’s ‘Cash Machine’ and the classic ‘Up The Junction’ by Squeeze and it’s a damn catchy tune along the lines of Pulp’s ‘Common People’. So, you see, when I say they might just have cracked it, it’s because what Shiners have here is ruddy good British indie-pop song that stands shoulder to shoulder with some classics of the genre.


Live Dates:

31st March – Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, London

Watch the Video: 

Comments