KAREN MAV - SINGLE REVIEW

Karen Mav - Take Me Home For Christmas (Pop Recordings) 
Karen Mav - Take Me Home For Christmas

Release Date: 11th December 2015

It's not often that I get to review singers that have been through the X-Factor machine but I am always very keen to give people a fair crack of the whip, no matter how close they had to stand to Simon Cowell and his incongruous hair. Zimbabwe born Karen Mav is releasing Christmas single, 'Take Me Home For Christmas', and it's, well, it's Christmassy. Mav's voice is undoubtedly soulful and rich which is, presumably, why she got so far in the competition. The song itself is literally smothered in festive treats with chiming bells and sleigh bells as well as a good old yuletide piano line. If I didn't know any better then I might think Roy Wood's Wizzardry was behind this but I suspect this is just a case of using a classic Christmas formula. Not the best vehicle from a strong voice so I look forward to more from Karen Mav and her impressive pipes.


More information: https://www.facebook.com/EveivyMusic/?fref=ts

Comments