DANI AUGUSTT - SINGLE REVIEW

Dani Augustt - I Really Like You 
Dani Augustt - I Really Like You

Release Date: Out Now

So here we have a young lady from Hoboken New Jersey who is currently residing in Palm Beach Florida and doing covers of Carly Rae Jepson songs. Now, if this sounds like pretty much 50% of the teenage girls you know then you're probably right but the difference here is that Dani has quite the following on that there social media. Dani's version 'I Really Like You' is as perky and autotuned as Jepson ever was with a video shot entirely in selfie mode without a shot of Tom Hanks in sight. Dani's press describes her as a teen pop starlett releasing popular covers of other people's songs and that's fine but I just don't understand the new trend for releasing a cover of a song that is still hanging around the charts without even giving it a serious reworking. I mean, I don't want to be harsh to the 17 year old singer but what's the point? Who is the market? Is this for people for who really, really, really, really, really, really like 'I Really Like You' but really, really, really, really, really, really, really don't like Carly Rae Jepson so can't cope with her singing the song? That's pretty niche if you ask me.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/daniaugusttmusic


Watch The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RdZLTkUbl4

Comments