JEKYLL - SINGLE REVIEW

Jekyll - I Do What I Can 
Jekyll - I Do What I Can

Release Date: 4th August 2014

For various reasons I've spent a fair amount of time in Blackpool over the years but I never took the time to investigate the local music scene beyond the God awful covers bands playing in Yates' on a Friday night in November (why was I in there in the first place? Don't ask). However, Jekyll are a quartet of lads from the Blackpool area that would have made some investigation a little more worthwhile. 'I Do What I Can' is the latest single taken from the band's recent EP and it sees the band in full on bleak mode as they channel the likes of the Smiths, Editors, early Muse and any number of art school formed bands that wear their jacket collars up and their jeans tight. That said, there's a maturity to this young band's music that could see them develop in to something quite special if they can get enough gigs under their belt and take some time to get their sound perfected. Promising and intriguing stuff.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jekyll-Musician/128051990595652?sk=timeline

Live Dates:

8th August - Top of the Blackpool Tower, Blackpool w/The Membranes

15th August - The Wheatsheaf, Preston

Comments