UNCLE LUC - SINGLE REVIEW

Uncle Luc - I Write 
Uncle Luc - I Write

I'm instantly enamoured with this tune from Surrey-ite Uncle Luc (aka Luke Barham) and I think you will be too. 'I Write' is, on the surface of things, a simple song with a gratifying acoustic chug, rattling percussion and a gently throbbing bass line that pulses through the song with pleasing persistence. But listen again and you'll hear that effortless English indie-pop shining through that the likes of Squeeze, the Police and Blur had such success with over the years. There is way, way more to come from Uncle Luc but as an opening shot this is pretty amazing. And if you think I'm being over confident then don't worry - you see, Luke was once in an awesome band who died a death before their time was up but I'm not going to mention them. Let's just focus on this gorgeous solo material and the, frankly, creepy moniker Uncle Luc that makes the singer sound like that French guy you would always see leaving through your mum's kitchen when you got home early from school.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uncle-Luc/309371199215768?fref=ts

Live Dates:

5th July - The Windmill, London
21st July - The Lock Tavern, London

20th September - Southsea Fest, Southsea

Comments