RUBEE RAYNE - SINGLE REVIEW

Rubee Rayne - Breath 
Rubee Rayne - Breath

The start of this song reminds me of the menu music from an old Amiga PC game that I spend too much time playing as a kid but I can't, for the life of me, remember which game it was. However, when Rubee Rayne's sweet, dusky vocals come in on the back of a laid back R'n'B beat then the whole mood changes and suddenly I need to be driving a big American car slowly down a brightly lit strip. Rayne's vocal style is so relaxed and calming that it would suit a Massive Attack or Tricky produced tune but I think her strength would be in trying to crack the US market early as I think she offers something fresh, something different to the over sexualised, over inflated artistes currently on the market. One to keep an eye on for sure.


Comments